Rainbow Smile

Rainbow Smile
Smile in the sky!

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Hot Tub happiness and stress reduction

Around the holidays everyone's stress levels seem to sky rocket! Between doing all of the regular things we have to do every day like working, we also have so many holiday related tasks to accomplish. It's no wonder many people are running around overburdened and stressed out; not enjoying the holidays at all.

My advice is to prioritize and get rid of things to do that aren't necessary. If you really don't like sending Christmas cards- who says that you HAVE to? Give some of the people on your list a phone call instead. I'm sure you'll brighten up their day and maybe make your day too. I do love to receive cards; especially photo cards, but I also recognize it as a very expensive time consuming tradition. Some people aren't up to it and that's okay.

Preparing for the holidays can be fun; baking cookies, decorating and shopping for that perfect gift. But I think we all need to take some time to relax and reenergize.

I bought myself a small hot tub after my divorce. It was a big extravagance at the time. And I made a crazy decision to have it installed inside my house - in my porch.

It has been a blessing and actually saved my sanity during very stressful times. No matter what is going on I know I can go in it and my worries will disappear for a little bit. No noise, no phones and hopefully no interruptions to bother me. It's my private little paradise.

We really do need to disconnect from our frantic world. So when the holiday rush starts to overwhelm you, take a break and do something for yourself.

Take a walk, listen to music or take a drive and look at the beautiful Christmas lights!

Give yourself the gift of peace and quiet.




2 comments:

  1. I have to say that you sound like an amazing person. I loved reading this blog post because I am suffering from stress, at the moment. We really do have to stop focusing on things that are not necessary! Very wise words for all of your readers. Plus, your hot tub looks amazing!

    Mira Hastings @ Universal Spas ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish everyone could have a hot tub!!!!

      Delete