Rainbow Smile

Rainbow Smile
Smile in the sky!

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Coffee is happiness!

I've decided to share my little addiction with everyone, hopefully you won't think any less of me. I kind of have a thing for "flavored" coffee. And I am not talking about using flavored syrups or anything like that.

My little problem has gotten so bad that I won't drink that boring plain regular stuff anymore unless forced to. I will search in a store and see what kinds of coffee are available. The Holy Grail of coffee for me is found in Target. Archer Farms coffee makes so many delicious flavors; Vanilla Bean Crème Brule, Buttery Caramel, Caramel Macchiato etc.; oh it's like being in flavored coffee heaven!

(And no; I'm not being paid to write this post by either company. BUT if they happen to see it? I'm not looking for any financial compensation.......I'll take a coffee-for-life deal though!)

Now when I first met my regular Doctor and had a physical she asked me all kinds of health related questions.
"Do you smoke?" - Nope.
"Do you drink?"- hmmm I have a drink or two during the holidays, but the real answer is No.
"Do you do drugs?" Nope!
"What about Coffee?" Yes...... " How many cups?" Hmmm....about 5 or 6. "OH???? That's a lot of coffee Pat. Maybe you should think about cutting down?" Say WHAT????

I told her that I'd had a lot of knee and back issues and she should really worry about me getting addicted to painkillers instead of coffee. She looked at me suspiciously; " are you addicted to painkillers? NO, but it COULD happen couldn't it? Especially if I had to cut down on coffee. She gave me an odd look and wrote something in my file.

That is when I started wondering if I should look for another doctor. But, I liked Dr. M so I decided to work with her on this coffee problem of hers.

Next time I went in to see her she ran through the same list of questions. "Are you still drinking coffee Pat? Have you cut down at all?" I smiled sweetly at her. Yes, Doctor M, I don't drink as many cups anymore. I'm down to 2 or 3!

She was so happy. She wrote something else in my file and smiled back.

I know that you can ingest too much caffeine and it can affect your health and I'm certainly not telling everyone to completely disregard their doctor's advice if they are told to cut back. Caffeine is actually a drug, a stimulant to be exact.

But it is also a lifeblood in the morning. I don't know about you but it takes me a bit to get going in the morning. I look forward to picking my flavor of the day. And I really don't want anyone bothering me until I've had a cup or two or maybe three. My boyfriend has learned to let me caffeinate in peace.

Coffee is happiness.

Don't you agree?



No comments:

Post a Comment