Rainbow Smile

Rainbow Smile
Smile in the sky!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving Eve - is tomorrow time for family, friends and football?

Actually I'd rather change that to family, friends and PIE!




When I think of Thanksgiving back when I was a child, I remember my Mother in the kitchen preparing the turkey and her sausage stuffing. I was much younger than my three siblings and I couldn't wait for all of them to come over with their spouses and children. Of course I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and waited for Santa to arrive! After the parade; "March of the Wooden Soldiers" aka "Babes in Toyland" was always on. My favorite part was when the 6 foot tall Toy Soldiers come to life and save everyone in Toyland from the scary bogeymen!

It was great to see all of my family sitting together enjoying our delicious turkey dinner. And then pumpkin pie and whipped cream for dessert! The holidays were very special times to me.

The years have gone by, our parents have passed on and my siblings and their children and grandchildren have moved away. But we'll always have those good memories of long ago.

Be thankful for your family and friends; even if you can't spend the day with them.

Be thankful that you're still here on this beautiful earth, many are not anymore.

Be thankful for what you have, many people have so much less.

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the pie! I know I will!




No comments:

Post a Comment